Alumni @ Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
+
Vienna Velly Bastian

Vienna Velly Bastian

Flight Attendant, Freelance Graphic Designer, and Videographer, 2016
Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Professional Design (Visual Communication)

“Be thankful for what you have right now, be hungry for creativity, keep up with the trends and be curious, there is nothing wrong with it because it will take you to a place you never expected in your wildest dreams.”

07 September 2016

Vienna Velly Bastian: Multi-potent Flight Attendant

At only 24 years of age, Vienna Velly Bastian is a flight attendant, freelance graphic designer and videographer and currently working on a startup company named Tipoon.

She graduated from Limkokwing University in 2013 from the Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Professional Design (Visual Communication) programme.

Vienna Velly Bastian resides in Doha, Qatar and has been working with Qatar Airways for 3 years. In 2015 she had the honour to receive Skytrax awards for Best Airlines in The World on behalf of the airline.

The Indonesian born 24-year old was first drawn to design in high school. “I always had a very active imagination and I doodled a lot, that’s how I found my interest in design. I found out about Limkokwing University through research and I instantly knew it would be the best fit for me. That is where I made my big step in deciding what I want to be or work as.”

Vienna said she has plenty of reasons to think fondly and highly of Limkokwing University because its multicultural environment encouraged her to pursue a career that involves meeting and networking with people from all around the world.

“Working for Qatar Airways is refreshing, not only do I get to travel the world but I have plenty of networking opportunities and since I’m a freelance graphic designer and videographer, I gain fresh ideas every time I travel to a new destination. I attend various events; the first week I can be in Miami and attend the Art Basel and the next I could be in Hong Kong and check out workshops.”

“With the exposure I got while studying at Limkokwing University, I’m now versatile with what I do in my career and I plan to keep it that way; I sharpened my skills in web coding, editing and post production. Learning all these skills at Limkokwing was amazing because students learn from industry experts.”

Currently Vienna is working on a startup company called ‘Tipoon’, on which she, her brother and close childhood friends made an Android application and a website for.

“Basically it’s an app which I developed on my own experience because I travel a lot. For example, for any destination a person lands at they can order food and it can directly be delivered to them, the app also has review of the place one would like to order from. So it’s like we I have a contract with a lot of restaurants that want to expand their business in delivery and promotion.”

On what she thinks on the difference of being in university and the industry Vienna acknowledged that when she started working it was not much of a shock because she got industry standard education and exposure while studying at Limkokwing University.

“But the difference is you don’t easily get second chances in the industry, it’s a competitive environment and quite harsh, that’s why I’m grateful for the versatility I got while studying; it keeps me ahead of competition.”

Vienna’s definition of success: “Be thankful for what you have right now, be hungry for creativity, keep up with the trends and be curious, there is nothing wrong with it because it will take you to a place you never expected in your wildest dreams.”

The main reason she chose to be a flight attendant was to travel and see the world. “I want to experience new things out of my ordinary life, I want to see what is trending and experience the art on the other side of the world, so that I can incorporate new ideas in my art as a graphic designer and videographer.”

She advised students who want to pursue the same career as hers to be determined. “Become a go getter, there is no job that is going to come to you when you are just sitting at home. Think outside of the box.”

Google+
View Mobile