Alumni @ Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
+
Fanelesibonge Hungwane

Fanelesibonge Hungwane

Budding Public Relations Practitioner, 2017
Associate Degree in Public Relations

"With the skills and education I got at Limkokwing University, I am confident that I can work anywhere in the world, because students get prepared for industry standards while still studying."

06 March 2017

Fanelesibonge Hungwane: Budding Public Relations Practitioner

Through her studies at Limkokwing University, Fanelesibonge Hungwane discovered her passion for public relations and had real industry exposure before graduating.

“I wasn’t always interested in public relations. I discovered my love for it during my second semester, because you get to learn a lot of skills and know what’s happening all over the world.”

Learning in a creative environment

Fanelesibonge joined Limkokwing University in October 2013, because she said it introduced an innovative way of teaching to the Kingdom of Swaziland.

For her, no two days were the same on campus, which was one of the things she enjoyed most. “Studying in Limkokwing was phenomenal. The lecturers were supportive every step of the way and the campus environment was conducive for students to learn in.”

She mentioned that being a student ambassador was one of her biggest highlights of her studies and a fun-filled experience she wouldn’t trade for anything.

“With the skills and education I got at Limkokwing University, I am confident that I can work anywhere in the world, because students get prepared for industry standards while still studying.”

The Ideal first PR Job/ Real experience before graduation

“I had the opportunity to intern at the Matshapa Town Council where I was able to apply what I’ve been through out the semester to the tasks given at work.”

Fanelesibonge acknowledged that she got the chance to enhance her skills further. She is grateful to have studied at Limkokwing University, because it gave her a glimpse of how the industry works.

“The University curriculum is very practical, learning does not only take place in the classroom, but it is through events, industry talks and visits.”

Advanced PR Skills

“PR is a very unique and universal area in our society. Every organisation contains a PR department and PR role is strategic and tactical, and it applies to every position. That is why I chose to study that in the first place.”

She mentioned that it is a very challenging course and one needs to be on their toes. “You need to know what’s happening, you need to be able to talk and interact with people, basically you need to have strong interpersonal skills.”

Google+
View Mobile