Senior Lecturer, Stylist
Malaysia, Cyberjaya, Full Time
- Formal scheduled and ad-hoc (e.g. to cover staff absence) teaching or training to required standards.
- Student tutorials and regular review of student progress and parent evenings.
- Management of courses and curriculum development.
- Management of data collection and ensuring full compliance.
- Providing personal advisor support to learners.
- Preparation of learning materials, lesson plans, schemes of work and assignments to support high quality teaching and learning for all scheduled teaching.
- Full compliance with college procedures including the Quality Improvement Handbook.
- Conducting all required assessments of learner’s work and preparation for examinations to required college and / or awarding body requirements.
- Full participation with Internal and External verification procedures including assuming the role of Internal Verifier.
- Management and supervision of educational visits and compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Maintaining appropriate Continuing Professional Development, including the attendance on all training events identified for you by your line manager, to ensure the highest standards of quality.
- Ensuring that student success rates for scheduled teaching exceed national benchmarks.
- Transferring and sharing skills and knowledge to other team members through workshops or other Staff Development activities.
- Undertaking mentoring with trainee lecturers.
- Commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
- Any other duties as required by the line manager or Head of Department that are commensurate with the grade.
- To actively promote our Vision and Values and strategic objectives.
- To promote a learner-focussed work ethic based on respect, problem solving and innovation and promote a ‘can-do’ culture throughout the University.
- To actively contribute to planning, decision making and delivery of corporate objectives.
- To maintain effective partnerships and relationships with both internal and external customers and other appropriate organisations.
- To actively participate and if relevant conduct appraisals rigorously to deadline and prepare action plans for development.
- To actively undertake continuing professional development relevant to your role and in line with College policy.
- To actively promote equality of opportunity and diversity in all areas of work.