Alumni @ Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
+
Yuen Wai Leong (Omega)

Yuen Wai Leong (Omega)

CEO, 2017
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Games Art Design

“Be prepared for the open cruel world, everything is possible and it might not be as easy as you think. Games development is not just about art or technology. It’s the combination of many great elements to create one, so find yourself the best teammates.”

10 January 2017

Yuen Wai Leong – CEO and Technical Art Director

Yuen Wai Leong, affectionately called Omega by his friends and family, has always dreamed to develop his own successful game. He almost gave up on that dream, as coming from a poor family meant that he could not afford to enter higher education.

All that changed when he was awarded a scholarship by Limkokwing University to study Games Art Development which has enabled him to make his dream come true.

Omega currently works as a the CEO and Technical Art Director of OY Games, a games company that creates inventive, fun and quality games in both traditional and modern formats. Some of the company games that were very successful on the market included ‘Tap Summoners’, ‘Cyberrunner Zero’, ‘Color Rush Challenge’ and ‘Trinity World’. Currently, the company is working on their new upcoming game called ‘Bolaways’.

The company was awarded the Best in Show Audience Choice Award in Casual Connect IndiePrize Showcase 2016 and its sponsors included big game publishers like Gamefounders and MDEC.

Omega said that Limkokwing University helped him changed his view on life. Previously he was thinking about getting a job in the games industry after graduating with his degree. But Limkokwing University has taught him all the skills he needed to create and be successful in games development, and this has made him more confident.

“What I experienced in the University changed my view of it, it made me believe that I could be more than that. I believe the University has prepared me to face the war (industry).”

“Be prepared for the open cruel world, everything is possible and it might not be as easy as you think. Games development is not just about art or technology. It’s the combination of many great elements to create one, so find yourself the best teammates.”

For Omega, the definition of failure is doing things half-heartedly.  “Failure is to give up what I am doing or stop it half way. Success can be in many forms, for me every single thing that I achieve before giving up is considered a success.”

Google+
View Mobile