In the fast changing business environment today, change is inevitable. Leading organisations are looking for workforce that have strong project management competency to manage and lead the change initiatives. Individuals must be adaptive and equip themselves with strong horizontal competencies through the use of project management.
The Master of Project Management is designed to enhance individual’s cross-functional, cross-border competency to meet up with these challenges. The programme provides students with creative and innovative entrepreneurial project skills they may use in their future management activities. It equips them with leading-edge management tools that they can use to increase their competitive advantage.
In this programme, graduate will be able to:
- Develop innovative entrepreneurial project management skills in the various industries.
- Demonstrate the body of knowledge in project management across and within various functional areas of business such as marketing, management, accounting, finance, human resources, creative management and operations among others.
- Develop the capacity to adapt and innovate to solve problems, to cope with unforeseen circumstances, and to manage the uncertainties of project environment.
- Develop the ability to think strategically & critically; and to lead, motivate and manage project teams across borders creatively.
- Apply the organisational skills for the effective implementation of projects policy in the context of the organisation.
- Apply the values of social responsibility, legal and ethical principles, and corporate governance in projects.
- Any degree recognised by the Senate from local or overseas Universities with a minimum of second class lower; OR
- Working applicants with any degree recognised by the Senate from local or overseas Universities with CGPA less 2.0 must have a minimum of 5 years working experience at executive or managerial level, and
- Two (2) supporting reference letters from the current or previous employer, lecturer or supervisor from previous University or Institution or Notary Public Service from place of stay and
- Have IELTS score of 6.0, or TOEFL score of 500, or The first degree is conducted and examined in English language; or applicants without English Language certification must complete and pass English program conducted by LUCT International House during the tenure of study as part fulfilment of their graduating requirement.
For non-Malaysian citizens, please refer to the Malaysian Qualification Agency’s (MQA) List of Overseas Qualifications & its equivalency with Malaysian Education System (PDF) to see if you qualify for this course.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Global Business & Management||Research Methodology|
|Sustainable Decision Making||Innovation Management|
|Leading Organisational Change||Project Management Framework|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Project Scope, Time & Cost Management||Dissertation|
|Project Quality Assurance, Human Resources & Communication Management|
|Project Risk, Procurement & Integration Management|
- Graduate from this course may find themselves engaged and leading the Programme Management Office,
- Project Management Office,
- Transformation Management Office,
- or other functional areas such as Human Resource,
- Operations Management,
- Customer Services,
- Risk Management,
- Creative Management to name a few.