This programme is intended for people who require not simply an expertise in the area of computer science and Internet applications but also significant technical knowledge in the area of networking.
Not only does this programme seek to provide you with specialist networking knowledge and programming skills, it also aims to address those key areas in which there are widely acknowledged skills gap in what businesses are seeking.
In short, MSc in Computer Networking is intended to provide an in-depth understanding of the current and future emerging technologies in computer networking and to underpin the design, analysis and implementation of networks that suit a variety of businesses.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to Information Technology.
- Apply theoretical principles of technology and entrepreneurship in relevant areas.
- Demonstrate a critical and practical understanding of business intelligence systems and the role they play in providing a competitive advantage to the organizations.
- Integrate various technology solutions.
- Utilize relevant techniques and demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in problem solving.
- Apply skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development.
- Communicate effectively with peers, clients, superiors and society at large.
- Demonstrate teamwork, interpersonal and social skills.
- Demonstrate Professionalism and social and ethical considerations in accordance with ethical and legal principles.
- Apply broad business and real world perspective in workplace and everyday activities and demonstrate entrepreneurial and managerial skills.
- A minimum Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with CGPA of 2.50 from any recognized public / private universities by Government; OR
- Any other equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government
Overall IELTS band of 6.5 with no individual band less than 5.5 or other equivalent English test approved by the UKBA. Please refer to the English Language Qualification approved by the UK
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Advanced Computer Network||Advanced Network Programming|
|Advanced Operating System||Network Security|
|Real Time Systems||Mobile Distributed Computing System|
|Project Innovation & Management||Network Administration|
|Internet & Intranet Protocol Application|
|Network Design & Performance|
Businesses and organizations continue to adopt increasingly complex and sophisticated technologies in their network and broadband infrastructures. This rapid change creates new jobs with responsibilities that reflect the changes in technology requiring an increasing level of skills and education.
According to the latest statistics, the demand for Network Specialists/Communications Analysts will grow by 55% between now and 2014. Careers range from the traditional telecommunication professionals to Network design engineer, network developer and in marketing and technical support.