Writing for Public Relations
Faculty of Communication, Media & Broadcasting
- Participants will learn the function of public relations & corporate writing as well as the basic planning to write well
- This unit examines the requirements for planning and producing written documents in public relations practice
- It develops participant’s abilities to write effectively for different audiences and occasions
- They will be given considerable practice in writing introductory paragraphs and handling direct and indirect quotations
- Participants will be able to write press releases for print and electronic media
- They will be able to write feature stories, incorporate speech writing, planning and designing for newsletter
- Participants will further understand the role of public relations practitioner in a company
- Participants will also have a hands-on experience on public relations writing methodology
Intermediate and advance levels are available upon request.
A lot of fun, a lot of places to go, a lot of things to see. Really futuristic. It’s a very nice ambience!
About the Industry
Broadcasting (Radio & TV) plays a very important role in mass media. It consists of radio and television stations and networks that broadcast original content or acquire the rights to broadcast already produced television and radio programmes. Whether it is economy, politics, science, health, sports, entertainment and etc., the broadcasting industry is a powerful medium to communicate with the masses.
Incepted in June 1984, Sistem Televisyen Malaysia Bhd, or TV3, is Malaysia's first, free-to-air television…