Bachelor of Art (Hons) in Games Design
FACULTY OF CREATIVE TECHNOLOGY (FCT) (R2/213/6/0269)(10/25)(A-11059)
The BA (Hons) in Games Design is a programme specially developed with a comprehensive approach to developing the right mindsets in games industry, specifically in the area of games design. The games design graduate will take away with them the right skill-set to design, project-manage and produce world-class games on top of attaining valuable skills as a project manager for a team of artists and programmers. The programme is designed to be highly practical and industry-oriented. Students will have better industry-understanding through involvement in the semester long internship, improving their potential for eventual employment upon graduation.
The outline of the programme concentrates on all stages of the production process similar to the workflow practiced by professionals from related industries. Students will undergo a series of hands-on professional training to develop their skills in an industry-based learning system.
At the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- Comprehend moral, cultural and ethical issues and responsibilities and related inter-cultural communication within a global environment.
- To be able to practice and conform to positive work attitudes and to develop the work ethics as important requirements in the digital content creation and creative industries
- To be able to confidently deliver a theoretical and technical information in an appropriate form for a specific audience. To be able to work with others who possesses various attitude, knowledge and skills to achieve a common goal.
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to plan, implement and manage a game development project and to analyse situations and recognise the opportunity and potential for business.
- To be able to functionally work in a variety of situations and role and to learn and adopt critical knowledge of the development processes and concepts related to game development and other content creation industries.
- To be able to learn independently and to identify problems and provide creative and innovative solutions to design problems.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Fundamentals of Games Design 1||Fundamentals of Games Design 2|
|Fundamentals of Games Art 1||Fundamentals of Games Art 2|
|Fundamentals of Games Technology 1||Fundamentals of Games Technology 2|
|Games System and Architecture||Games Design Project 1|
|Casual Games Studies||Game World Creation|
|Game Genre Studies 1|
|Select One:||Select One:|
|Malaysian Studies||Moral Studies|
|Co-Curriculum 1||Islamic Studies|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|2D Games Project 1||2D Games Project 2|
|Games Design Project 2||Games Genre Studies 3|
|Games Level Design||Games Assets Development|
|Games Genre Studies 2||Story Telling in Games|
|Database Design for Games||Games Platform Studies|
|Bahasa Kebangsaan A/B|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Dissertation for Games||Final Project|
|Social Networks in Games||Games Project Management|
|Games Business Knowledge||Games Quality Control and Testing|
|Multiplayer Games Design||Games Localisation|
|Games Design Project 3||Games Design Project 4|
|Directed Elective (Steam based)|
Christopher Khoo Chee Siong
The new generation of mobile applications is providing unparalleled customisation freedom to smart devices everywhere. It could be argued there is a mobile app for anything, and to the enterprising person they can be a means of generating revenue.
- Game Designers
- Level Designers
- Production Managers
- Project Managers
- Game Testers
About the Industry
A game is structured playing, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. Games are distinct from work, which is usually carried out for remuneration, and from art, which is more often an expression of aesthetic or ideological elements. However, the distinction is not clear-cut, and many games are also considered to be work (such as professional players of spectator sports/games) or art (such as jigsaw puzzles or games involving an artistic layout such as Mahjong, solitaire, or some video games).
Celcom (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, a Technology Resources Industries (TRI) Bhd company has been the leading…