Alumni @ Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
+
Sebastian Guzman

Sebastian Guzman

Venezuelan Artist and Entrepreneur, 2017
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Animation

“I have been holding a pencil in my hand ever since I can remember. One of my favourite canvases, probably my first too, has always been walls. I drew before I could walk, speak, or even realise the meaning of my doodles.”

02 June 2017

Sebastian Guzman is a man of many passions. He is a proud owner of Sebastian’s Bistro, a Venezualan restaurant-bar in Kuala Lumpur and also an artist who is adept at different mediums of art.

Some of his works have graced big events such as the launch of Calvin Klein One Shock Street Edition Fragrance where he did live graffiti murals.

Born and bred in Caracas, Sebastian said he has been interested in art since a tender age. “I have been holding a pencil in my hand ever since I can remember. One of my favourite canvases, probably my first too, has always been walls. I drew before I could walk, speak, or even realise the meaning of my doodles.”

Giving his insights on the art industry in Malaysia he said, “I consider the art industry as a developing field in Malaysia. I don’t think it is in the list of top priorities, economically speaking, but it is growing for sure. We see more and more artists, street artists, and designers being recognised for their work.”

The food and beverage industry is something he has been keeping his eye on although he admitted that it was a far contrast from what he had been working on. “It is quite a far leap from what I have been doing so far, but then again, it does synthesise some of the other things that make my life a little more enjoyable—great music, delicious food, and an entertaining crowd.

“However, my roots follow me everywhere so I have found a way to incorporate my art business into the food and beverage business.”

Sebastian attributes some of his success to the experience he has acquired while studying in Limkokwing University. He graduated in 2013 and holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Animation degree.

“The institution is highly-recognised and has a reputation as a leading university in the fields of technology, art, and innovation. It just clicked for me and my career path.”

Sebastian also said that his studies at the University exposed him to the unimaginable.

“My life in Limkokwing made me mature and conscious about others. It made me tolerant and understanding of what was unknown to me. It made me curious and it opened up my mind to possibilities. On a more professional note, my experiences made me a team player and a leader when the occasion calls for it. My knowledge and skills in my field of study have grown so much that I know I can survive, handle, and take over any challenge presented to me.”

While he was a student at Limkokwing, Sebastian acknowledged that there were plenty of opportunities he could not refuse, one of them being part of the elite University Ambassadors representing Venezuela. “Holding such a title, I was sent to represent Limkokwing University in the Kingdom of Swaziland and that was one of the many achievements I have had there.”

In his own words, he described Limkokwing University as an airport because there, you get to meet people from all over the globe with different agendas and plans. “Some stay to work at the airport. Some continue their journey.”

His advice to students who want to pursue a career in the art industry is to learn from the best and keep an eye on what others are doing. “Any line of work is a competition. You can run faster than anyone but be sure to be in the right direction and the right track. Don’t settle with what you are and what you’ve become. You can be greater. If you stop moving forward, you start rolling backwards.”

Google+
View Mobile