The NIBM has a legacy of almost five decades in the business of training and development. Its vision is to become the best institute in Sri Lanka that offers unmatched opportunities in management and IT education. Initially, NIBM started with the aim of enhancing the quality and productivity of Sri Lankan workforce through training and development.
Today, NIBM is proud to be one of the very few educational institutes that have been bestowed with a merit award at the National Quality Awards held in 2009 and awarded with the ISO 9001:2008 standard to certify that the institute’s processes and procedures are according to internationally-recognised standards. Currently, NIBM operates as a statuary body under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Skills Development.
With its main campus at Colombo and regional centres in Kandy, Kurunagala, Galle, and Matara, NIBM ensures that quality training is available to a wide range and a greater number of students.
To develop competencies in people and organisations through training and consultancy
To be the best business education institute in Sri Lanka
National Innovation Centre
Limkokwing University of Creative Technology has entered into a strategic partnership with Sri Lanka’s National Institute of Business Management (NIBM), which has resulted in the inception of the National Innovation Centre (NIC) in Sri Lanka. The NIC is a creative hub which seeks to instil the Limkokwing sprit in providing a world class education across a range of disciplines, and effectively act as a game-changer in Sri Lanka’s creative sector. The National Innovation Centre presents a range of programmes in Multimedia, Fashion, Design, Communication, Journalism, Sound & Music and Information Technology.
NIC Vision and Assurance
- To ensure students acquire Entrepreneurial Management Skills through the NIC creative and innovative platform
- To help students achieve their optimum academic potential throughout their academic journey
- To expose students to cross-disciplinary study and pick up additional skills that will boost career performance
- To establish a new way of learning by thinking globally, so students will be more exposed to the market demand that leads them to their dream career
- To participate in events that build teamwork, discipline, leadership, people management skills, understanding of media management and public confidence