Recognized Leadership @ Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
+
YBhg Dato’ Farah Khan

YBhg Dato’ Farah Khan

Founder & President Melium Group

She put Malaysia in the forefront of fashion by bringing into the country labels that have been the preferred choices of the world's retest and most famous people. Certainly this has raised Malaysia's profile as a high-end tourism destination.

View Citation

I wish to live everyday knowing I made a difference, that I supported and nurtured young talents to realize their potential. Knowing I helped others gives me the inner happiness and streangth to do more.

YBhg Dato’ Farah Khan

Trailblazing in fashion entrepreneurship

She put Malaysia in the forefront of fashion by bringing into the country labels that have been the preferred choices of the world's richest and most famous people. Certainly this has raised Malaysia's profile as a high-end tourism destination.

President and Founder of The Melium Group she has seem strategic in how she grew the business to become the undisputed leader of the luxury and lifestyle industry representing over 100 of the world's most famous fashion brands.

Trendsetting in leisure and lifestyle

In 1995 she made the bold move of venturing into the F&B industry to introduce a new lifestyle trend by fusing high fashion with relaxed dining. She established the DOME Café chain of restaurants that has become the leading lifestyle restaurants for the trend-conscious.

Fashion is the emotion that makes life colorful and playful. It is to be enjoyed.

Innovating by pioneering a Malaysian fashion global brand

Having fronted the promotion of the world's best fashion brands Dato' Farah Khan felt the compulsion to put a Malaysian brand alongside top notch designs. In 2007 she took the plunge to introduce her own label - Farah Khan - that quickly became the first Malaysian fashion brand to be retailed in major fashion capitals with a serious following of Hollywood celebrities. Today the brand is sold in 70 cities worldwide.

Championing cultural creativity

Dato' Farah Khan is passionate about sustaining the ancient arts and crafts of the region and she developed ASEANA, a mixed-breand chain of stores to promote the cultural heritage of countries from Southeast Asia. Her business strategy is to be the catalyst that will filter the benefits down to sustain the livelihood of those involved in cottage industries. This adds to her continues endeavours in humanitarian efforts where she raises millions for the many charities that she supports that include children with special needs.

Dato' Farah Khan is an unusual personality whose petite frame and soft-spoken manner belies the giant strides she has made in building for Malaysia a strong presence and reputation in the global fashion industry.

For her perseverance, sharp business acumen, patriotism, creativity and innovation Limkokwing University of Creative Technology is honoured to bestow upon Dato' Farah Khan the Honorary Doctorate Degree of Global Entrepreneurship.

Recognized Leadership
Google+
View Mobile