Diploma in Information Technology
Faculty of Information & Communication Technology JPT/BPP(U)1000-801/36/Jld.1(25)
The combination of technology and entrepreneurial elements produces Limkokwing graduates who are able to work independently and progress well in their career. With a broad knowledge of ICT principles and necessary skills, graduates will be ready to tackle the ICT industry.
Programme Learning Outcome:
- Document user requirements for real-world projects.
- Design and develop user-friendly IT solutions in relevant areas.
- Design and manage computer networks.
- Provide technical support and maintenance for computer solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate and document workflow and processes during project development.
- Apply skills and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development.
- Communicate effectively with peers, clients, superiors and society at large.
- Demonstrate teamwork, interpersonal, entrepreneurial and social skills.
- Demonstrate professionalism and social and ethical considerations in accordance with ethical and legal principles.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Communication Theory||Business Communication|
|Fundamental of Computer||Programming with C|
|Programming Logic & Design||Introduction to Computer Skills|
|Introduction to Multimedia||Web Design|
|Computerised Mathematics||Multimedia Authoring|
|MPU Option 1||MPU Option 2|
|Communication - Malay Language 1||Decision Making Skills|
|Malaysian Studies 2||Thinking Skills|
|Bahasa Kebangsaan A DIP/DEG (Local)|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|System Analysis and Design||Computer Architecture|
|C++ Programming||Introduction to Distributed System|
|Introduction to Database||Object Oriented Programming|
|Introduction to Data Communication||Principles of Law|
|PC Maintenance||Human Computer Interaction|
|MPU Option 1||Co-Curriculum|
|Constitution and Society of Malaysia||Global Classroom|
|Comparison of Religions|
|Comparison of Ethics|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Web Programming||Project Report & Presentation|
|Introduction to Computer Network||Industry Practice|
|Information Security Management|
Know that the knowledge you pick up from school is merely the foundation to guide you to get into the industry. There’s much more to learn and you should never stop learning. Read a lot more, practice even more.
- Junior Programmer
- Assistant Business Technology Analyst
- Assistant Database Designer
- Assistant Information System Analyst
- Assistant Information System Designer
- Assistant Administrator
- Assistant Systems Designer
- Assistant Network Support / Technical Support
About the Industry
Computing is usually defined as the activity of using and improving computer hardware and software. It is the computer-specific part of information technology. Computer science (or computing science) is the study and the science of the theoretical foundations of information and computation and their implementation and application in computer systems.
Celcom (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, a Technology Resources Industries (TRI) Bhd company has been the leading…