Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Management
Faculty of Business Management & Globalization JPT/BPP (KA10541) 03/15
This programme aims to produce “Doctors of Philosophy” in Management with advanced knowledge and skills in management practices and research.
This programme aims at equipping industry practitioners and academicians with advanced knowledge and skills in business management. Among the main aims are:
- To accomplish the country’s objectives of developing management professionals with doctoral qualifications;
- To produce high-quality doctorates with advanced skills in teaching, training, research, as well as managerial, entrepreneurial and strategic knowledge for leading innovative contemporary organisations;
- To provide doctorates with knowledge in managerial functions such as marketing, accounting, finance, information systems, human resources and operations;
- To produce doctors of philosophy with capabilities in innovative leadership and change management; and
- To improve professional practices through the application of research and case methodologies.
At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
- Apply a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods frequently used in research works to solve contemporary problems in management practices;
- Construct research questions that can be examined empirically using scientific methods;
- Demonstrate an understanding of state-of-the-art knowledge in the field of the student's research;
- Demonstrate independent and critical thinking ability and appreciate the ethical issues and concerns relevant to the discipline;
- Generate new and readily applicable knowledge in a chosen area of management typically relevant to their host organisations and their own career objectives, leading to an improved understanding of the management practices in a global and rapidly changing environment;
- Appraise and select innovative and creative solutions to management problems and opportunities;
- Apply relevant theoretical knowledge to contemporary debates in the field;
- Critique contemporary organisational practices in light of relevant theory;
- Assess management research studies in order to rate their quality and applicability in improving the effectiveness of business management;
- Manage behavioural, policy and strategic issues to improve the effectiveness of their own organisations;
- Identify, analyse and evaluate internal and external environmental influences on organisations in order to develop strategic plans for the management of change and development of their organisations; and
- Compose superior written reports and skills relevant to business organisations.
|Advanced Research Methodologies|
|Advanced Quantitative Methods|
Nizar Khalid M Al Thobaiti
“The creativity, professionalism in writing, and advertising skills have been some of the more important skills I picked up during my days at Limkokwing.”
- Company CEO / MD
- Management Consultant / Trainer
- Faculty Member in Business and Management Schools
About the Industry
Management is the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives using available resources efficiently and effectively. Management comprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing, and controlling an organization (a group of one or more people or entities) or effort for the purpose of accomplishing a goal. Resourcing encompasses the deployment and manipulation of human resources, financial resources, technological resources and natural resources.
Celcom (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, a Technology Resources Industries (TRI) Bhd company has been the leading…