The Botswana Immigration Act (Cap 25:02) requires every expatriate intending to study in the country to submit an application for a visa permit. It takes 6 to 8 weeks for the visa permit to be issued to a prospective student.
Immigration Information for New Students (Study Permit Application)
The following information or documents should be attached to the application:
- Form 15 - to be collected and filled at the immigration in the presence of the student
- Form 3 - medical report form for the applicant, available at the Limkokwing Student Services Department (SSD) or any immigration office
- Certified copies of supporter’s particulars (whichever applies):
- Residence Permit
- Permanent Residence
- Letter from school stating the duration of the course, to be collected from the SSD
- Certificate of registration (certified) of school by HRDC, to be collected from the SSD
- Cover letter from the applicant
- Two (2) identical passport photos of the applicant, taken at the time of the application, on which his/her features are clearly and correctly depicted. One photograph to be certified on the reverse by a Commissioner of Oaths (computerized photos are not allowed).
- Certified copy of the birth certificate of the applicant. If the applicant is unable to provide such proof of birth, a statement setting out the reasons must be attached.
- Admission letter
- Sponsorship or financial support letter
- Latest bank statement of the applicant or sponsor(s)
- Certified clear copies of the applicant’s passport (page 1) showing the validity of the passport and the date of arrival in Botswana
- Copy of receipt for tuition fee payment
- Provide an application fee of BWP 1,500.00
- Copy of the flight ticket, if applicable
Consult with Botswana Embassy
Applicants are advised to consult with their nearest Botswana Embassy (Immigration Attaché desk) to apply for their visa prior to entering the country. Students from countries that do not need a visa in order to enter Botswana should get 90 days upon entry into Botswana.
Limkokwing University’s Student Services Department (SSD) assists prospective and registered students with applications and renewals respectively.
For more information, contact:
Mr. M. Ntobe
Student Services Executive
Student Services Department
Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
Private Bag 0092
Tel No: +267 318 0135 Ext 287/288
Fax No: +267 392 2356