Writing for New Media
Faculty of Communication, Media & Broadcasting
- Exploring the areas of new media and how to develop creative forms of writing in this new emerging field
- Focus on how consumers interact with media content, its producers and each other across various media platforms
- Experimenting with styles and possible paradigms of writing in a hybrid environment such as online, distributable media and traditional print publishing
- Knowledge in new media such as hypertext, webzines, interactive texts and understanding the role of writer as publisher in the media industry
- The ability to develop and enhance logical and critical thinking skills
- The ability to write for the various media platforms
- The ability to use generated content as creative medium
- The ability unleash the power of creative writing using new media technologies
Intermediate and advance levels are available upon request.
Associate Producer, Field Trip USA
Many of the shows run by 8TV are live, so you have to be prepared for eventualities such as guests for shows calling in five or three hours before the start of the show to tell you they can’t make it.
About the Industry
Broadcasting (Radio & TV) plays a very important role in mass media. It consists of radio and television stations and networks that broadcast original content or acquire the rights to broadcast already produced television and radio programmes. Whether it is economy, politics, science, health, sports, entertainment and etc., the broadcasting industry is a powerful medium to communicate with the masses.
The New Straits Times
The New Straits Times was established in July 15, 1845, making it the oldest English-language newspaper…