Alumni @ Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
+
Bobur Umurzakov

Bobur Umurzakov

Graphic Designer, 2017
Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Professional Design (Visual Communication)

“Keep humble, keep hungry. Never, never judge yourself based on other people’s success. For every creative mind there’s even more creative one, so if we be comrades instead of being rivals, we’ll be able to create way better things.”

15 September 2017

The talented Bobur Umurzakov is an in-house and freelance graphic designer for a video production company called Snappuchino, based in Philadelphia.

Originally from Tashkent in Uzbekistan, Bobur discovered his passion for design when he was still in high school through a guest lecturer. “In 2010, my high school brought in a young and bright creative lecturer to teach us Adobe Photoshop and essentials of digital imaging as an extra curriculum. That class sparked my interest for digital art, and later for graphic design.”

On the daily, most of his projects revolve around coming up with creative graphic design solutions for the company’s videos as well as creating content for online mediums and social media channels.

“As a freelancer, I work with private and corporate clients to get more all-round experience. Most of the time such projects are short-term, however, occasionally I may get a contract gig several weeks long. I also work for clients online on different marketplace websites.”

His biggest achievement so far has been working with NBS Television on filming a pilot episode of the popular American reality show called ‘The Real Housewives’.

Bobur studied Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Professional Design (Visual Communication) at Limkokwing University and graduated in July 2015. He said the experience he got from the University taught him how to do what he loves and got him the career of his dreams.

“Besides that, since my first days in the University I was exposed to fashion modeling, and through different modeling activites I started getting an idea of this craft, which later went beyond University level and onto more professional grounds, and is being a great financial help for me to this very day.”

Being exposed to volunteering opportunities for global concerns was one of the highlights of Bobur’s studies. Not only did it add value to his resume but it also gave him a chance to take part in making the world a better place.

“While studying I realised that design is not only about being beautiful, but there are so many aspects that need to be considered. One specific extra skill I picked up in the University came to me while being a student ambassador and having a duty of an emcee. It helped me to develop my speech and overall communication.”

Bobur’s words of advice to students were, “Keep humble, keep hungry. And never, never judge yourself based on other people’s success. For every creative mind there’s even more creative one, so if we be comrades instead of being rivals, we’ll be able to create way better things.”

Google+
View Mobile